Public Prep believes that parent satisfaction and engagement are critical to the success of our students. With this in mind, family satisfaction and engagement is one of the five points on our North Star of College Completion.
To encourage family engagement, our school prioritizes:
- Frequent family communication, including annual home visits for all scholars and access to staff outside of the school day,
- Designated family support staff at each school in the Public Prep Network, and;
- A myriad of opportunities for meaningful family participation, including family-organized events and bi-monthly Unity Meetings.
2015-2016 PARENT SATISFACTION HIGHLIGHT
- 100% of teachers say that teachers at Boys Prep work closely with families to meet student needs.
- 94% of Boys Prep parents feel that the principal works to create a sense of community in the school.
- 96% of teachers at Girls Prep Lower East Side say that they have opportunities to work productively with colleagues in their school.
- 95% of parents at Girls Prep Bronx say that the school staff regularly communicate with them about how parents can help their child learn.
Public Prep parents who are interested in playing an active role in governance at the school are on the Community Council, which functions similarly to a Parent Teacher Association. To learn more, visit our Community Council page.