2017-18 School Year Applications Are NOW Available
Public Prep is a nonprofit network of tuition-free, single-sex elementary and middle public charter schools in New York City. Our model is designed to empower each student to build strong character, demonstrate critical thinking, possess a core body of knowledge and be on a predictive path to college completion.
GIRLS PREP LOWER EAST SIDE | Elementary (K-4) | Middle (5-8)
Founded in 2005 as the first and only all-girls public charter school in NYC. For the fourth consecutive year, 100% of Girls Prep Lower East Side 8th grade scholars were accepted into high-quality, right-fit high schools, including 33 of the top nationally ranked public high schools in NYC (by US News & World Report).
- Elementary (K-4): 442 East Houston Street, New York, NY 10002
- Middle (5-8): 420 East 12th Street, New York, NY 10009
GIRLS PREP BRONX | Elementary (*PreK-5) | Middle (6-8)
Founded in 2009 as the sister school to Girls Prep Lower East Side. In June 2017, Girls Prep Bronx will graduate its inaugural class of 8th graders. Starting in Kindergarten, Girls Prep scholars, receive science instruction five days a week from faculty who are exclusively focused on teaching the wonders of science. Girls Prep Bronx is committed to developing the next generation of female engineers, scientists and mathematicians.
- Elementary (PreK*-5): 681 Kelly Street, Bronx, NY 10455
- Middle (6-8): 890 Cauldwell Avenue, Bronx, NY 10456
BOYS PREP BRONX | Elementary (K-4) | Will grow a grade each year until 8th grade
Founded in 2014 as the first and only all-boys public charter school in the Bronx. Boys Prep is changing the narrative for its boys by starting their educational journey early to place them on a path to college completion.
- Elementary (K-4): 1695 Seward Avenue, Bronx, NY 10473
Siblings of currently enrolled students will receive sibling preference at the time of the lottery. Two children are siblings if they have the same parent(s) OR live in the same home and custodial care has been transferred to the same guardian(s).
Acceptable documents are as follows:
- Proof for biological sibling preference can include a Birth Certificate or Certificate of Adoption.
- Proof for a transfer of custodial care must include a Birth Certificate, non-custodial parent affidavit (signed by the custodial parent) and a parent affidavit (signed by the parent).
Students who reside in approved NYCHA Housing Developments (within 2 miles of the school to which you’re applying) will be awarded “NYCHA” preference at the time of the lottery.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for NYCHA preference:
- NYCHA Lease Addendum
- NYCHA Household Composition Letter
Students who reside in the community school district of the school to which they are applying will receive district preference at the time of the lottery.
Click here to view the districts our schools are located in.
To check the district in which you reside, click here.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for district preference:
- An official lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential water or utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority; must be dated within 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer’s letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 days
Children who have a parent or guardian that works at any Public Prep school or network office at the time of the lottery will be given enrollment preference. The parent does not need to work at the school to which the student is applying.
- Proof for this preference includes the child’s birth certificate and confirmation of the parent’s current employment.
Download Center ("Supporting Preference Documents")
|2017-18 Application||English — Spanish|
|Non-Parent Custodian Affidavit||English — Spanish|
|Parent Affidavit- To Transfer Custodial Care||English — Spanish|
|Parent Custodian Affidavit of Residency||English — Spanish|
|NYC Department of Education School Search||Find your district here|
All documentation for sibling, district, NYCHA, or children of staff preferences must be submitted by Saturday, April 1, 2017. All documents should have the student's name as well as the school and grade you are applying to in the top right corner. You can submit these documents:
Via Email: Enroll@publicprep.org
Via Fax: (212)346-9096 Attn: Student Recruitment
In Person: You can drop off your proof at any of our currently open schools
By Mail: Public Prep Network, 441 East 148th Street, Bronx, NY 10455
If you are interested in applying for this school year (2016-17), please contact our Student Recruitment Team at email@example.com or 212-346-6000 x108.