Thank you for your interest in our schools! Applications for the 2016-2017 school year will be available in November.
If you are interested in applying for this school year, applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please contact our Student Recruitment Team for more information:
Phone: 212-346-6000 x108
Mail: Attn: Student Recruitment, 291 Broadway, Suite 1202, New York, NY 10007
Public Prep schools gives enrollment preference to students with siblings enrolled in the Public Prep school to which they are applying. Applicants will be considered siblings if they share at least one biological parent, share a legal guardian, or live in the same household.
The following documents can be submitted as proof for sibling preference:
- Proof for biological sibling preference can include: Birth Certificate or Certificate of Adoption and Lease or Utility Bill
- Proof for two families that live in the same household and wish to receive sibling preference for non-biological “siblings” must submit a Birth Certificate or Certificate of Adoption and a Lease or Utility Bill and a notarized letter stating that the parent on the birth certificate lives at the address on the lease
Links for sibling preference documents:
Non-Custodial Parent Affidavit: http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/57C0A42E-A60C-4F13-BC1D-935D2F5DA709/0/A101Attachment_1_NonParentAffidavit.pdf
The following documents can be submitted as proof of address for district preference:
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident's name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority; must be dated within 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children's Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident's name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- An original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer's letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 days
Students who reside in approved NYCHA Housing Developments will be awarded "NYCHA" preference at the time of the lottery. For a list of approved NYCHA Housing Developments for each school, please see our FAQs.
All documentation for sibling, district, or NYCHA preferences must be submitted by April 1, 2016. All documents should have the student's name as well as the school and grade you are applying to in the top right corner. You can submit these documents:
Via Email: Enroll@publicprep.org
Via Fax: (212)346-9096 Attn: Student Recruitment
In Person: You can drop off your proof at any of our currently open schools
By Mail: Public Prep Network, 291 Broadway, Suite 1202, New York, NY 10007