The application deadline for the 2017-18 school year was April 1, 2017.
Applications are still being accepted on a rolling basis and will be added to school waitlists.
GIRLS PREP LOWER EAST SIDE | Elementary (K-4) |
Founded in 2005 as the first and only all-girls public charter school in NYC. For the fourth consecutive year, 100% of Girls Prep Lower East Side 8th grade scholars were accepted into high-quality, right-fit high schools, including 33 of the top nationally ranked public high schools in NYC (by US News & World Report).
- Elementary (K-4): 442 East Houston Street, New York, NY 10002
Siblings of currently enrolled students will receive sibling preference at the time of the lottery. Two children are siblings if they have the same parent(s) OR live in the same home and custodial care has been transferred to the same guardian(s).
Acceptable documents are as follows:
- Proof for biological sibling preference can include a Birth Certificate or Certificate of Adoption.
- Proof for a transfer of custodial care must include a Birth Certificate, non-custodial parent affidavit (signed by the custodial parent) and a parent affidavit (signed by the parent).
Students who reside in approved NYCHA Housing Developments (within 2 miles of the school to which you’re applying) will be awarded “NYCHA” preference at the time of the lottery.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for NYCHA preference:
- NYCHA Lease Addendum
- NYCHA Household Composition Letter
Approved NYCHA Housing Developments for Girls Prep Lower East Side Elementary:
|BARUCH CHARNEY VLADECK|
|BARUCH CHARNEY VLADECK II|
|BERNARD M. BARUCH|
|BERNARD M. BARUCH HOUSES ADDITION|
|GOVERNOR ALFRED E. SMITH|
|LILLIAN WALD HOUSES|
|LOWER EAST SIDE I INFILL|
|LOWER EAST SIDE II|
|LOWER EAST SIDE III|
|MAYOR FIORELLO LAGUARDIA|
|PEDRO ALBIZU CAMPOS PLAZA I|
|PEDRO ALBIZU CAMPOS PLAZA II|
|RAFAEL HERNANDEZ HOUSES|
|RIIS, JACOB HOUSES|
|RIIS, JACOB HOUSES II|
|SEWARD PARK EXTENSION|
Girls Prep Lower East Side Elementary School gives enrollment preference to students who reside in Community School District 1.
To check the district in which you reside, click here.
The following documents are acceptable as proof for district preference:
- An official lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential water or utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority; must be dated within 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer’s letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 days
Children who have a parent or guardian that works at any Public Prep school or network office at the time of the lottery will be given enrollment preference. The parent does not need to work at the school to which the student is applying.
- Proof for this preference includes the child’s birth certificate and confirmation of the parent’s current employment.
Download Center ("Supporting Preference Documents")
|2017-18 Application||English — Spanish|
|Girls Prep LES Elementary One Pager||English|
|Girls Prep LES Elementary FAQ||English — Spanish|
|Non-Parent Custodian Affidavit||English — Spanish|
|Parent Affidavit- To Transfer Custodial Care||English — Spanish|
|Parent Custodial Affidavit of Residency||English — Spanish|
|NYC Department of Education School Search||Find your district here.|
All documentation for sibling, NYCHA, district, and/or children of staff preferences must be submitted by Saturday April 1, 2017. All documents should have the student's name as well as the school and grade you are applying to in the top right corner. You can submit these documents:
Via SchoolAdmin: Upload your documents directly to your online application by logging into your account.
Via email: Enroll@publicprep.org
Via fax: (212)346-9096 Attn: Student Recruitment
In person: You can drop off your documentation at any of our schools during school hours.
By mail: Public Prep Network, 441 East 148th Street, Bronx, NY 10455
If you are interested in applying for this school year (2016-17), please contact our Student Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-346-6000 x108.