Summer Arts Boost
Public Prep’s Summer Arts Boost: Create as you Learn!
Join us for Summer Arts Boost! Rising 3rd through 8th grade scholars will create exciting dance, theater and visual art projects as they develop math and ELA skills. At Public Prep’s Summer Arts Boost each day is special; scholars will learn as they play collaborative games, participate in fun visits to museums, and attend dance performances. The summer culminates with a showcase of scholars’ work and a joyful field trip to an amusement park!
- July 5th-August 4th.
Monday-Friday: 8am-3:30 pm with free aftercare until 5pm
- Girls Prep Bronx Middle School
- 890 Cauldwell Avenue located in the Morrisania neighborhood of the South Bronx.
On average, students in the United States lose 39% of what they learn in school during the summer months. Scholars who participate in Public Prep’s Summer Arts Boost demonstrate significant improvements in their academic achievement.
Summer Arts Boost is designed to strengthen students’ ELA and math skills through fun, hands-on creative projects. Summer Arts Boost will culminate with an academic and artistic showcase of students’ work for friends and family.
Space is limited. Scholars with strong attendance and academic growth goals will be prioritized.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is Summer Boost happening?
- Where will Summer Boost be located?
- Will transportation be offered?
- Is there a deadline to register for Summer Boost?
- What are the start and end times for Summer Boost?
- What does a day at PPN’s Summer Boost look like?
- Will food be served at Summer Boost?
- Do the scholars get to go on field trips or participate in camp-like activities?
- What if a scholar needs to miss some of the Summer Boost days due to a doctor’s appointment or a pre-planned vacation?
- What if a parent can’t come to pick up their scholar until after 3:30PM?